Wednesday, March 17, 2010

5th Bike Ride of Pre Spring

Just Mere Hours Before Announcement, Without a Worry in the World...

Took off on my fifth bike ride of March earlier today around 5 o' clock in the afternoon. First ride of daylight savings.

I almost completed my 22 mile OG Summer Run from last year, coming just 2 miles shy: I stopped at Millenium Park and turned right on Monroe instead of continuing down to the Adler Planetarium.

The sun was hot but the air was cold, the smell of burning leaves in the air and snow still on the jetties; it was as if all four seasons were sharing the sunlight of the same day.

Here is the route I took. 


And here are some pictures I took on the go, though take caution: tweeting while biking is not recommended and is a highly dangerous activity. 

I only took pictures during the North part of the ride. Once I got into the loop I wanted to focus more on the road (obviously); first ride down Michigan Avenue of the season. It was fucking stellar!

Taking advantage of daylight savings, ~5:30pm
at Homer Park, California and Montrose

Heading South on Ravenswood, old Bowman 
Dairy factory on the right.

Controlled fires, brush clearing at Winnemac
Park on Foster and Damen

Now back to tour planning! 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment