Thursday, March 11, 2010

Getting Closer to the Loop

Took my fourth ride today, Thursday, March 11th. The day started out cloudy and raining again, but by 3pm the sun had broken through and has yet to retreat. I extended my route further South today, riding to Oak St. Beach from Addison on the Lakefront bike path. I did not, though, add the Northern part of the the ride, so it still ended up being only about a 12 mile round trip.

Here is a map of my ride:

And, of course, a few pictures from the ride:
Heading South on the Lakefront Trail, just South of Addison and Lake Shore Drive.
The Hancock Building with the famous Drake Hotel in front. Facing South.
Oak St. Beach. Facing North, with Lake Shore Drive on the left. Walked out on to the sand, pretended for a moment I was back in California. Twas nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment