Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Like No One Else Was On The Road


Ride number 8 : 72 Degrees and Sunny : Windy, Gusts up to 25mph : Around twenty-one miles

Totally shredded The Micky Bomb today, catching every green light on the way down. Got some great speed while staying ahead of the traffic: like no one else was on the road. Went a rare one full week without a ride and today definitely made up for it.


It was extraordinarily windy out, especially heading South along the lake on the bike path, but once I got into the Loop and started back up North it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. Below is a Google Street View shot, with my route in blue, showing The Trump Tower at Wabash and Wacker.


From here I take Wacker to Michigan and head North, crossing the river, and around Ohio street you start heading downhill and the Michigan Avenue Bomb begins.


Took some more random on-the-go shots from my cell phone. They are in order corresponding to the route map above. Click any of the photos for larger shots. Quick side note: I took a picture of the Alta Vista neighborhood to follow up from my 6th ride but as I was snapping the photo from my bike a woman honked at me from behind to let her pass (it's a narrow road) and the photo didn't get sent properly, as if she didn't want me to take it. Weak. It will get taken.

(1) This building always reminded me of 
Pink Floyd and The Wall

 
(2) At Fullerton and Lake Shore facing South,
lots of people out early today

(3) Buildings and Trees

(4) From the bridge heading into MP2000 
aka Millennium Park

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment